Monday, May 28, 2007

Global warming in UAE

I was interested in how global warming relates to my country so I did some research. I figured out after the research I have done that the UAE has one of the highest per capita emissions in the world, as mentioned in the reports I found during the research. According to the first state of the Environment report, fossil fuels are the main source of air pollution in the UAE, followed by electricity power and transportation. Nitrogen dioxide levels have increased above the natural level in many parts in Abu Dhabi city, Al Ain and Ruwais. Also the air quality is damaged in some areas like Mafraq, Shahama, Samha, Sas Al Nakhl and Al Ain. Rising in the sea level, more flooding, hot weather, increasing the salt levels in the sea and damaging the sea life and nature are all effects of global warming in the UAE.

2 comments:

Mohamed said...

thats true Jaber i agree with you, and I hope that they will take action about this problem.. Nice post keep it up !

Jaber Al Shamsi said...

Thanx Moh'd for passing and for the comment :D